Sold Out $ 750.00
Period: late 1920s-early 1930s Art Deco--this piece is in particularly excellent condition given its age
Inscription: hand-inscribed in a cursive script, “C.V.D. to A.C.H. 6-13-’31”
Maker’s Mark: the band is stamped with a cursive L within a lozenge. Though we aren't certain about the piece's origins, the stamp is similar to that of Lebolt & Company. The firm was established by J. Myer Lebolt, who was a jewelry buyer for Rothschild & Co. before starting a company with his two brothers, Nathan and Joseph. The firm was founded in Chicago, 1899, and specialized in crafting custom silver items for customers in Chicago and New York. The firm eventually came to staff goldsmiths and platinumsmiths, thereby adding jewelry production to the firm’s output and registering for a trademark in 1908 for the manufacture of silverware and jewelry. Lebolt & Company was continued by the founder’s son, John M. Lebolt.
Dimensions: 1.70 mm wide, north to south across the top; the band stands 1.10 mm tall above the finger
Size: 5 (contact us for sizing information)