Sold Out $ 4,600.00
Period: c. 1904-1910s post-Victorian
Hallmark: the piece bears an “A” and a star, the mark of Allsopp Bros. (later Allsopp-Stellar); the company was established by brothers Henry and George Allsopp, two jewelers who came from England to Newark in 1881. The firm began as H. Allsopp & Co. in c. 1885, but was changed to Allsopp Bros. in 1891. Though they started with only three employees, the company grew to thirty strong by 1901, leading to the construction of a new factory in 1904. The company was taken over by George in 1922, then by Edward Allsopp in 1937, and was ultimately sold to Krementz & Co. in 1956.
Materials: 14K gold; diamond
Dimensions: the top measures approx. 7.00 mm across, north to south; the ring stands 3.80 mm tall above the finger
Size: 5 1/4 (free sizing)
Diamond: GIA-assessed .93 carat Old European Cut diamond with M color and VS1 clarity